Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Having a GBF is like having a boyfriend that wont hurt you.

It seems that the latest trend for women these days is having a GBF by their side. For those of you who don't know what a GBF is, it stands for Gay Best Friend. Gay best friend as defined in Urban Dictionary: (Also known as the GBF) “The gay best friend is the best friend of any hot girl you know.” Other than being FAABULOUSSS a gay guy actually offers many benefits to a woman. For one competition is eliminated girls tend to be caddy and talk behind each other’s back because they let jealousy take control. I know that the green monster can come out of no where when it's me, but a gay best friend (generally) would never let jealousy get in the way. I myself have a GBF (Hi Greg :)) and he is the best thing to ever happen to me. He will help you shop and NOT sabotage your outfit just so he will look better. Gay guys are like having a girl best friend with a guys mind they can tell when you are sad and know exactly what to say to make you feel better, they give better relationship advice than a therapist, and they can interpret a guys actions to a T (of course there are exceptions I just got lucky with mine.) A gay guy will compliment and encourage you to do things you never thought you would. For example did you get your heart broken? Well get a GBF and he will prepare you to re-enter the dating world and make you feel like a queen while you do it. There have been studies that prove having a gay guy in your life reduces your stress! Also for all the men out there food may be the key to your stomach but becoming tight with a girls GBF is the way to hers. The rest of the definition from Urban Dictionary is "Behind every hot Girl is a GBF. There are three GBF laws that, if you follow, you just might get laid.

1.Thou shall not make homophobic remarks towards the GBF

2. Thou shall befriend said GBF

3. Impress the GBF, and you will have instant access to the girl"

Now I don't suggest becoming close with a gay guy just to get laid, that makes you a douche and you should go die, but getting in good with the GBF does help you win brownie points. Basically if you have the official GBF stamp of approval you win. So ladies go grab a gay and gain some confidence, and men go make yourself some friends in the big gay sand box of life!

 Me and my certified GBF Greg :)

5 comments:

  1. HAHAHAHAHAHA... I agree!! But I can say you do have to be compatable with the gay guy because otherwise the friendship will not work out. I have this one gay guy i like but he is too much diva and sometimes we have our good days and sometimes we have our bad. But it is awesome to have a GBF around because they do tell the truth whether you like it or not!! Since i just moved I don't have any close GBF's but mine was in Chicago and he was from Spain and just FABULOUS!!! I still keep in touch every once in awhile but it's not as much as I'd like. Anyways. I like your blog! Super funny!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! I also have a gay friends (I wish I was lucky enough to call them my GBFs) but they seriously are the best people. They have the best advice about everything a girl needs advice on, and they are also trendy. Plus its nice to have a guy who loves to go to the salon just as much as you do, and who can give you tips about your hair:)
    Awesome blog!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love da love love this! Mainly because I love you two :) But also because I think that having a gay best friend is like having the sister you never really had! Ya'll can be so close and you don't have to worry about getting hurt or having them talk mad shit behind your back! They also can totally help in the "boy department" because they know what boys are thinking and can tell you pretty much before the boy even thinks like that! All in all great blog girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that there is someone else like me! I love my gay friends they are just amazing! It is fun just to giggle about hot guys to see if one of us would date him lol! I have 2 GBF's and another one on the way. I have one at home named Aaron and the other two at stout I love them all. Its funny because my GBF here at stout named Cole he is a dork but his mood is close to mine I love people like that so even if he wasn't he would still be a really good friend of mine! I love the pic of you two so cute!

    ReplyDelete