Sunday, September 18, 2011

The Problem With Society Is...


Now I am not some product of an old hippies rage against “the man” but the way the world is today instills me with anger. I’m not talking about politics, worldly disasters, or issues of substance. I am talking about the simple joys in life that have been destroyed by pure laziness! People have you seen a movie lately?! If you haven’t DON’T TORTURE YOUR EYES this 3D phenomenon is getting out of hand!
            Everywhere I look I see previews for a crappy movie and in my mind I’m going THIS IS CRAP WHO WOULD WATCH THIS and then before I can finish my thought I hear “IN 3D”. Do you know what that phrase really means? It means, “Hey everyone we had a contract to fulfill and if we don’t a very angry Italian man will break our fingers! So we are just going to take a dump and put in on a piece of paper and whatever it looks like is going to be the plot of our new movie!” in a nut shell movies lately are crap. They get produced because some genius said “BUT WHAT IF WE PUT IT IN 3D?!” The cool glasses and shards of digital glass flying at their face fool the people who see these cinematic disasters.
            Another thing that outrages me about 3D movies are the ticket prices. Movies are expensive as it is but to see a movie in 3D your looking at spending $12.00 a ticket. When those movies are less than par as it is jacking up the prices is robbery.
            Directors know these movies suck, and they think 3D is a way to save their failures. My Bloody Valentine Really, that was virtual porn, how about Shark Night that just never should have happened. Movies that have no business being in 3D are even being sucked in like Toy story 3, the Lion King, Alvin and the Chipmunks! I like the way this guy, Nelson Carvajal, puts it http://www.examiner.com/pop-media-in-chicago/has-the-3d-movie-craze-gone-too-far. So people please don’t waste your precious time and money on 3D movies, just opt out.

7 comments:

  1. FINALLY! I've been saying this since the whole 3D movie craze started as well, but NO one would listen! I'm actually a Video Production major, and looking at today's crap makes me sick.

    In all honesty, I can take a rehash every now and again, I mean I realize that all stories are bound to be repeated at some point in time. But when one good story comes around, why does everyone feel the need to therein copy the hell out of it, and milk it till it's dry?! It makes NO SENSE! And what's with the crap that comes out today, that passes for quality entertainment?

    Now, I'm not sure if you liked these movies, but a few examples I can think of are "The Human Centipede", that stupid "Bucky Larson: Porno" crap movie whatever the heck it was, or any other movie that passes for comedy these days. Honestly, I haven't seen a decent story, comedy or action, for quite sometime now. At least one that wasn't already from a book.

    I'm just hoping that by the time I get into the movie business, it hasn't been driven into the ground already by stale remakes, cheap 3D thrills, and stupid porno driven comedies.

    By the way, loved the comment about taking a crap on a script and that's the plot! Made my day with that one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe many producers are making the movies like Toy Story 3, Alvin and the Chipmunks, and Lion King in 3D to keep them current in today's increasingly technology-hungry society. However, I think that by changing these classic movies, they are taking away value and timelessness from them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I completely agree with you. 3-D movies are taking the substance out of movies and replacing it with in your face special effects. Movies used to need a decent storyline to get produced, but now anything goes as long as it’s in 3-D. Also if a movie wasn’t working before the producers think that by putting in 3-D changes everything, and for some viewers it does. We as a culture can’t let this happen if we actually want to see good, new ideas, and be entertained by more than just looks. You’re right in saying it is a problem with society, because our culture is starting to want flashy things with every form of entertainment. People are choosing what looks good over what actually has a deeper meaning. Most of those movies you mentioned would have never been produced if they weren’t in 3-D because they’ve already been done, or they were stories made just to be put into 3-D. I just hope that this 3-D movie craze dies down as more movies lose their effect when viewers finally watch them with the glasses off.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i dont mind 3D movies, I'll go to watch them sometimes just for kicks. What really makes me mad is when they have a long series, like pirates of the caribbean or harry potter and all of a sudden the last movie they put in 3D. It's like come on, we've been watching these movies before 3D was ever created and now your going to make the last one in 3D. It's just ridiculous. But really you can't blame the movie producers for creating such generic crap movies these days, I mean what else are they going to do? Movies have been around for almost 100 years, I would say within that time they've pretty much exhausted all possible movie plotlines. The next big thing right now is intense graphics and three dimensional movies, of course there going to jump on that new technology and even if they movie is generic and dumb people will go see them because of the 3D. Although i do agree that the prices are so jacked up, some movies just aren't worth 12 dollars, but at least you get the cool glasses out of it so when special forces barges into our house and makes us all have 3D televisions we'll be somewhat prepared.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with you 50% of this. I agree that the movies thee days are highly over priced and the cost for getting a ticket now a days should be cut in half and then cut that in half. We should form some opposition against the movie industry and boycott them till the tickets are lowered. On the other hand 3D is a great experience because it can drag you into the dream worlds that you paid and arm and a leg for. I fell that 3d is a great invention that can be the future of the movie industry and help move it forward even farther. I feel that the reason people pay so much for the movies is because of the escape you get from them, so if the escape becomes more real then of course they will pay more for it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you!!! I completely agree with you that 3D movies are worthless. Unless you have a compulsive urge to get headaches and seizures, 3D movies are a ridiculous way to spend $12. I believe that the media has hyped up the sensation of 3D television so much that people have been tricked into actually thinking it's better than regular tv. One thing that I don't understand is that if 3D is so amazing, then why do you need to even watch a movie? You're life is in 3D! Movies are supposed to be an escape from reality!

    ReplyDelete